The SNAPP™ Series is a compact, disposable fuel filter water separator with premium filtration capabilities. Unlike conventional small engine filters, which use a spin-on element that requires a strap wrench to service, the SNAPP™ filter features a patented bracket system and quick-connect fittings that eliminate the need for seals or threads. This allows change-outs to be performed quickly, easily, and without the use of tools. The filter only requires 2-1/2 inches front clearance for servicing, making it suitable for installation wherever you need it.
The SNAPP™ filter housing’s one-piece, high-impact nylon structure is coupled with a powder-coated or stainless steel (for marine use) mounting bracket to resist corrosion in all environments. The clear collection bowl allows for accurate inspection of fuel quality. A self-vent drain is also available for easy removal of collected water.
At the heart of the SNAPP™ fuel filter is Racor’s proprietary Aquabloc® technology. Aquabloc® is a unique engineered media that incorporates pleat-spacing corrugations and a graduated pore structure to increase dirt-holding capacity and extend filter life. The media is waterproof and rustproof, capturing contaminants while the specially treated surface separates and coalesces water from the fuel; causing the water to gather into large droplets that then fall into the clear collection bowl.
Aquabloc® elements are available in three different ratings, including:
30 micron (98%@30 micron) – Ideally suited as a pre-filter to protect downstream filters from excessive contamination. Extends the life of on-engine filters. Flow up 26 gph (129 lph) in both gasoline and diesel using the SNAPP™ filter.
10 micron (98%@10 micron) - Captures more contaminants than 30 micron elements, and is more effective at stopping water. Extends the life of the entire fuel system. Flow up 34 gph (129 lph) in gasoline and 26 gph (98 lpm) diesel using the SNAPP™ filter.
“2” micron (98%@4 microns) – Provides maximum water removal and filtration and is capable of protecting all modern injection systems, while greatly extending the life of difficult-to-service on-engine filters. Flow up 40 gph (151 lph) in gasoline and 26 gph (98 lpm) in diesel using the SNAPP™ filter.
How it Works
The SNAPP™ filter can be installed in the fuel line between the tank and the engine. The filter “snaps” into its mounting bracket. The quick-connect fittings allow for fast connection to fuel lines. The inlet and outlet ports can be positioned as necessary by flipping the SNAPP™ filter in the bracket. Changing the filter can be done by squeezing the quick release fitting tabs, removing and priming the new filter (flow outlet of old to inlet of new), re-attaching fuel lines, and snapping the new filter into the bracket.
• Power Generation
• Oil and Gas
• Diesel and Biodiesel Engines
• Gasoline Engines
• At just 4 inches wide with 2 to 2-1/2 inch bolt spacing, the SNAPP™ filter and bracket easily replaces existing filters and can be mounted anywhere you need it.
• Quick-connect fittings eliminate the need for tools, making filter change-outs quick, easy, and painless.
• Removes water that enters the system through condensation in the fuel tank. Any water present in the fuel stream will support bacterial growth, which can cause clogged filters and result in the formation of corrosive acids. Susceptible components then rust and corrode, leading to erosion and wear of critical fuel system components.
• Removes hard particles present in air that are introduced during fueling, such as sand and silica.
• Saves time and money by eliminating unplanned maintenance and unscheduled downtime from system component failure.
• Suitable for use in both marine and non-marine applications
Features and Specifications:
• Designed for engines with a fuel flow rates up to 40 gph (151 lph) in gasoline and 26 gph (98 lph) in diesel
• Heavy-duty, corrosion-proof, high-impact nylon construction
• Corrosion-resistant, permanent stainless steel or powder-coated steel mounting bracket
• Universal bracket accommodates 2 to 2-1/2 inch bolt spacing
• Two male straight quick connects for 3/8” hose included.
• Patented Aquabloc® media comes in “2”, 10 or 30 micron rating
• Clear collection bowl with self-venting drain (optional closed bowl)
• Compatible with E10 gasoline, diesel, biodiesel up to B20
• Rated for up to 50 psi pressure spikes